Buying a home this year?
It’s the beginning of a new year and we question, what’s your new year’s resolution?
If 2018 is your year to buy your dream home the key to becoming a homeowner is to start planning now and understanding the process. With a little direction, you may find you are closer to achieving that dream than you may think!
- Save for a Down Payment – Most first time home buyers can qualify for a loan that only requires 3.5% of the loan amount as a down payment. So you want a $100,000 house, you will need a minimum $3500 in the bank. If you’re a veteran, you may even qualify to buy a home with ZERO down payment!
- Improve your Credit Score – Your credit score is looked at closely to determine if you can get preapproved for a loan. We have helped buyer with credit scores as low as 580 get homes in 2017. If yours isn’t quite there, get your credit report and start the process of cleaning off any discrepancies and disputing any errors. It may not be a quick process, but it is necessary and can usually be completed in just a few months.
- Get Organized – Buying a home requires lots of paperwork so go ahead and start digging out your last couple years of tax returns, and a couple months of pay stubs and bank statements.
- Get Preapproved for a Mortgage – Before beginning the house hunting process, prospective homebuyers should receive preapproval from a reputable lender to ensure you can get qualified, how much home you should be shopping for and what your payments will be. We often work with home buyers that think they can not get approved, but with one simple phone call, they are on the path to owning their own home.
- Find a REALTOR® – Guess what… We are REALTORS®! We can provide counsel, share information about listings, show you any home you’d like to see, assist you with the negotiations and help you find your dream home this year!
John became a top real estate agent by using systems and setting goals. He has developed his business into a successful real estate machine. With his knowledge of technology in real estate and his patience and understanding of daily real estate issues, John is using that knowledge to provide excellent service and a high level of value to his customers and clients.